Associate Project Coordinator (Research and Documentation)
About Vikas Samvad Samiti
Vikas Samvad works as a Social Development, Capacity Building and Development Communication organization. Primarily, it focuses on community-based interventions, evidence generation and capacity building of community groups and a wide network of organizations engaged on thematic issues, including inter alia, child rights (especially nutrition, health, protection, and inclusion), with a special focus on food security, poverty and empowerment of women and children. It also has been playing the supportive roles for various Civil Society Organisations by endowing them with the requisite capacitation support on process documentation, publication, planning and coordination while also taking forward their constructive actions. Since the Year 2015, VSS has set itself up as the implementation organization and thereof successfully implementing programs on food and nutrition security. Currently, VSS is identified as a Resource Organization on the issues of Development Communication, CSO Support, Child Rights and Food-Nutrition Security.
Vikas Samvad Samiti is looking for young and dynamic development professionals who will be responsible for the Implementation of its project on Integrated Community Based Management of Malnutrition Initiative in Madhya Pradesh.
About the Project: Develop a model for community-based, inclusive and sustainable food security through Community participation.
Irrespective of the development in the past few decades, many communities including Dalits, Adivasis, and marginalized sections, do not have access to essential resources like food, water, and land, leading to serious food insecurity and nutritional crisis. In the project area, most of the households’ food security is not ensured annually, and the provisions of the National Food Security Act have not been implemented smoothly nor has SDG 2 monitoring mechanism been established at the state and national levels. According to NFHS-5, 6.5 percent of children in Madhya Pradesh and 7.5 percent of India’s children under 5 years suffers severe malnutrition. In this situation, this project focuses towards social, economic, and political change on a wider scale. The overarching goal of this project is to achieve food security and end hunger in India by establishing a community-based, inclusive and sustainable food security system through community participation. This goal is also oriented towards ‘Sustainable Development Goal 2’ (SDG2).
The project intends to cover 3 segments –
- Empowerment of Community Organizations and Committees,
- Create/construct arrangements at the local, state, and national levels for evidence-based community monitoring and evaluation of SDG-2 and;
- To ensure the establishment of a system of community-based management to overcome malnutrition and food insecurity.
- Ensure household food and nutrition security through sustainable agriculture and alternative food production like poultry, Nutri-garden, fisheries etc.
Project area and coverage
This project is being implemented in 100 villages in 4 districts Rewa, Panna, Umaria, and Satna districts of Madhya Pradesh, and 40 villages in 2 districts Jehanabad and Sitamarhi of Bihar state. The target groups under the project are women, pregnant and lactating mothers, children up to 5 years of age, youth, children 6 to 14 years age group, adolescent girls and marginalized and food-insecure families.
Post : Associate Project Coordinator (Research and Documentation)
The Associate Project Coordinator, will be responsible for Implementation of the project at state level. S/he will be based at Bhopal. S/he will work closely with the team at Vikas Samvad Samiti. S/He will be required to travel frequently to project areas for implementation and supervision of the project regularly.
- Research and data management related food and Nutrition security.
- Develop training materials, IEC, PLA module and manuals for knowledge building of field functionaries.
- Prepare quality documentation, case studies and periodic reporting and share with project coordinator and VSS office.
- Design and conduct need based studies related to health and nutrition and prepare reports.
- Liaison and good coordination with government departments and authorities.
- Work closely with vernacular media to spread awareness and information about the project.
- Data management and analysis.
- Any other task as assigned by the Project Coordinator/VSS office from time to time.
Salary: Rs. 40000 to 50000/- per month (subject to taxation and other deductions, as applicable) Compensations shall be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Qualification: Master’s Diploma/Degree in Nutrition/Public Health, Social work or equivalent in the related field.
Experience: 3-5 years working experience in the relevant field.
- An excellent understanding of Nutrition issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Sound knowledge of computer especially Microsoft office and internet.
- Willing to travel in remote field areas.
- Excellent analytical skills and reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel and data management
How to apply?
- Interested candidates should send their updated resume along with cover letter.
- Clearly indicate the post applied for in the subject line of your email application.
- Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified by us.
A-5, Aaykar Colony, Behind Sheel Public School, G-3 Gulmohar
Bhopal (M.P.) 462039
Phone – 0755-4252789
Email – email@example.com
Website : vssmp.org
Last date: 30.09.2023